No matter how good it’s supposed to be for relieving anxiety, if it’s something I’ve never done before, overcoming my resistance to the unfamiliar can be anxiety-inducing in and of itself.
That’s the beauty of walking for anxiety.
I’m already a good 75 percent of the way there (i.e., the walking part), the remaining 25 percent being whatever tweak is necessary to make my walking anxiety-reducing. (Thus, my similar affinity for breathing exercises for anxiety.)
I hope you’ll join me in walking off anxiety via walking meditations, brisk walks, and walking in nature.